CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry Early Christmas!!

On Saturday we received an EARLY Christmas present! I want to say that we have been so BLESSED this year but, I keep saying it and it is starting to drive ME crazy! But we have been blessed.
Anyway, several months ago I was talking to a family friend about her mom's Camping trailer. It has been sitting in her back yard for as long as I could remember (I don't think I've ever seen it moved!).
They where planning on moving so, I asked her to ask her mom how much we could buy it for. Several months went by and we didn't hear anything, and we forgot about it.
Then one day my friend came to me and said, "Do you guys still want Mom's trailer?"
I said "Yes, for how much?", reluctant to hear how much she was going to sell it to us for.
Then she said, "Mom just wants to give it to you."
I was soo excited, I could have done a jig right there!
I have never been so excited to receive a fixer-upper in my life!!
Well, at least since we bought our house!
So, it's a 1977 22ft Terry, Taurus.
Like I said before, it had been sitting in her back yard for at least 10 years
and it need some work.
We need to fix a leaky roof, replace some paneling on the ceiling, upgrade or replace lights, do some upholstery work, replace curtains, and work on the heater.
Other than that it's just some minor cosmetic stuff Justin wants to do.
The kids where so excited, they where looking in every nook and cranny checking it all out, picking out their bed, suggesting places to go camping,
and actually putting in their sleeping bags!
It was probably only 40 degrees out and pitch black, but they loved it!
Justin even did a great job backing it into the backyard with a million obstacles, in the dark.
He didn't hit one thing!
THANKS SO MUCH RENEE! We owe you big time!
Sorry, no pictures yet, I can't find my dang camera.
We will definitely be showing our work in progress.

0 comments:

Tyler's Birthday

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Blake's Birthday

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Kaden's Birthday

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Sydney's Birthday

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Some of Our Faves


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones